Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Reinforced Bed Cleats

We had an "incident" with our bed cleats on a recent camping trip. We have taken the table legs off of the table and we put too much pressure on the wrong spot.
I added some reinforcing boards to solve the problem.
I removed the existing screws from the bed cleats and added more substantial screws.
Then I purchased a 1x4 board that closely matched the finish on the T@B and stained them with natural stain. Then measured and cut the boards and placed them in strategic locations along either side of the bed cleats. I glued them and screwed them in with the same screws that I replaced in the cleats.
There are a total of 4 support boards on the passenger side, and 3 support boards on the driver side.
This should support the bed no problem now.



No comments: