Monday, February 16, 2009

New Television and Wineguard Antenna

I installed a new 10 1/2" Coby TV/DVD Player and a Wineguard Antenna for my T@B this weekend.

The TV had to be mounted on a board. There was no way to use the mounting holes in the depth of the existing cabinet. I bought a white shelf 11.8 deep and cut it to 15 1/4" wide. I mounted the TV to the board using the mounting template provided.




Before mounting the TV to the board, I drilled four holes through both the board and the cabinet in locations where I could get a socket on them. I used 2" by 1/4" carriage bolts and fender washers to mount the board and TV to the cabinet. I used carriage bolts so that the hex portion would dig into the wood as I was tightening down because I would not be able to put a socket on the other end of the bolt.
The power cord runs through the existing wire cover and and hole that T@B put there for the other TV

The TV plugs into a power strip that I had already run into the closet. I decided not to use the 12 volt wiring that was run to the old Coby as I want to run an AM/FM XM CD player on the 12 volt supply. I know that limits me to TV when I have power, but I really don't boondock that much, if any. I am also just using the internal speakers on the television and did not connect them to the T@B speakers at all.
The cable runs out the window
It can then be connected to cable provided by the campground OR
My Wineguard Foldout Antenna. I mounted it to a 3/4" by 6 1/2' piece of conduit piping.
I pound a 2' piece of rebar into the ground, then slide the pipe over the rebar.
To lower the antenna for travel, I loosen the screw on the right
And this wingnut on the antenna bracket

And lower it down.
All ready to be stowed in the trailer.
Ready for travel.

I know many have actually installed the antenna directly to their T@B, but I will only bring it with me to campgrounds that don't have cable. The large bracket on the antenna came with the antenna, the small brackets were found in the same aisle at Home Depot as the electrical conduit. They came in a package of 5.
Coming next, AM/FM/XM Stereo install.
Thanks for Reading!!
Carol






1 comment:

Titangoober said...

aaahhh....nice.......we are talking of putting a flat screen in also..................good job....