As I've said several times, I really wanted the T@B to match my tow vehicle, so over the last few days we addressed this.
The first thing I did was take the handle trim off of and taped up the outside and test painted the inside and let it sit in the sun for two days to check for peeling/cracking, color match, etc.
It passed the test, so I pulled the camper home from storage and took the rest of the trim off.
Here is what a Clam Shell looks like without trim.
The paint we finalized on is Rust-O-leum for Plastic. That was the deepest blue of the brands of plastic paint I found.
Rick being silly with the can of paint.
All the pieces drying on the garage floor.
Note the Zip Loc bags. I put the screws from each piece in it's own zip loc bag labeled for what piece and whether it was passenger or driver side.
I also wanted to test to see if I could put my own graphics on the camper and have it come out straight and look good. So here are some tests with just cut out paper.
Here is a shot of the trim back on and the flames off.
To do the graphics, I used PowerPoint to create the Mouse Ears and lettering and printed them on Avery White Laser Printer Labels, Full Sheet, 8 1/2" x 11", #5265. I have access to a high quality Canon Color Laser Printer, or else I would not have done this. Ink Jet printers just don't have the solid color printing ability. I covered the sheets with clear Con-Tac paper, then cut out each letter and set of of Mouse Ears individually.
To lay out the letters evenly I used lots of blue masking tape, a level and did lots of measuring.
Both Rick, myself and several folks around the neighborhood are really pleased with the results, so I've ordered a roll of blue vinyl adhesive specifically made for automotive graphics and a roll of the masking and will do it permanently when the stuff comes in.
Thanks for looking!!